Friday, June 18, 2010

since last time

Hello, long lost friends. Sorry I've been MIA. I was busy finishing up a vacation, traveling home, and getting re-acclimated to Real Life. Personally, I'd rather stay on vacation, but maybe that's just me. :)

So by far the coolest part of vacation was MANATEES!!! Matt and I went kayaking in the Banana River, which is the river that separates Cocoa Beach from mainland Florida. It's a saltwater/freshwater mix and there are LOTS of manatees just a-chillin' there! Or, as the case may be during this particular season, breeding there. That's right. Manatee-lovin'. We had SO much fun getting up close and personal with these giant cuties.

Here we are before we headed out:


And check out this cute schnoz!! Hello, manatee!


And here's one of their backs...


And where there are manatees, there's manatee poo!! Pretty awesome, right? Let's just be honest.


We had mucho mucho fun and then spent the rest of the day going from manatee park to manatee park to look at more manatees! I am pretty much obsessed with them now and am trying to figure out how we can adopt one. As a pet, I mean. Not just to "adopt a manatee" where you send in money and get a picture. I want one for REALZ.


So my post-manatee life has (understandably) been slightly dull. And more than slightly HOT. I mean...seriously. I've lived in Georgia for 25 years and I general think I'm used to the heat, but DANG! This heat just sucks the life out of you. And we've had more than a little yardwork to catch up on since we got home, so I've been spending lots of time outside. Yuck. But time outside is still perhaps better than the time inside, since inside is where the soccer is. World Cup. Blech. Just can't bring myself to care about that one. Why do the most boring sports (soccer, NBA) have the LONGEST "must-see" tournaments that drag on for months? Even the Olympics was barely as long as the World Cup...and at least then you get a variety of sports to choose from! Anyway. End whining.

And now I'm looking forward to spending time with one of my long-lost BFFs tonight! She's in town and we're going to hang out and I'm very happy about that. I also hope to join in on the Kelly's Korner SUYL topic today-- Your Proposal Story. I can't remember if I've told it here before or not, but it's one of my favorite stories. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. That manatee poop was yellow?! And it was really big. I can't believe you put that on the world wide web.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Mexican food. Seriously.