Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Operation Nursery: Curtain Ed.

Yeah yeah yeah, I know...it's Wednesday and I am totally skipping out on Way Back When-sday...but I just have so much to say this week about stuff going on NOW! I can't stop to reflect back. No time for all that. Unless by "reflecting back" you mean reflecting all the way to last weekend, which is what we're going to be doing.

So we had big plans to get started on turning our super empty and depressing 'nursery' into...ya know...a place a kid might actually like to spend some time. For the last 3 years, it's just been hanging out, cold and empty. We never put furniture in there because we always knew it would be the nursery, and we didn't want to have to find new homes for furniture...so there it sits, holding Lola's crate, a card table, and not much else except for dust bunnies.

So we've started! Last weekend we finally managed to purchase fabric, coordinate and purchase paint, and make and hang curtains! Whew! It was awesome. And now the room feels less psych-ward-like and a lot homier. 

Alright, enough chit-chat. PICTURES!

Before:



After:



EEEK, doesn't it look great??! I am super excited. It was SO HARD to find fabric that was bright and fun and GENDER NEUTRAL. I am a huge fan of this. Then the girl at the fabric store commented that it looked "almost Hawaiian, but not quite" and then I almost didn't want to buy it because I am NOT going for the Hawaiian look...but now I have convinced myself that she was just dumb and wrong and it is NOT Hawaiian, it is simply bright and whimsical and perfect. So keep any Hawaiian comments to yourself (unless you are offering to take me on a vacay to Hawaii, in which case I gladly accept).

Next project: somehow getting this fan out of its box and into our ceiling. And functioning. All prayers are accepted for this project.





13 comments:

  1. Hawaiian never crossed my mind! I think it's perfect and sweet for a little boy or a little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The curtains look great! And Brian has installed numerous fans in our house, so feel free to call/web cam if you need assistance :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I didn't know the painting was done too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lookin' good (and not Hawaiian)! And ditto to what Amanda said - Wade has installed multiple fans and didn't have any problems, so I'm sure he will do great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE these curtains! You have NO IDEA how excited I am for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great and no where near "tropical"!! Beautiful fabric!!! I am soo ready to hear part 3 of whatever of the story! But I would also love to hear it in person, too! Since, you know, we live in the same town :) Maybe we can get together sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the wall color looks great. i think the curtains look good from far away and up close. me likey :) tell matt to have fun man crafting ( i mean, installing the light). hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. good job! what's the name of the paint color?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the curtains and wall color!! Can't wait to see the rest!!

    P.s - get in on my give away happening ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't curtains just make a room? Especially when you can use your favorite fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun!! I'm so glad you're getting to start making it a cute room. Now for the baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! variations of grey are my favorite colors for walls in general. and fun fabric! I approve.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That fabric is great and not at all Hawaiian! The nursery is looking so good....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! EXCITED!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Mexican food. Seriously.