Monday, December 31, 2012

year-end analyzing

Alright kids. Hold on to your hats. Erika just did some mad Google Analytics-izing (yeah, like how I just turned that into a verb? It's because I have skillz.) and is about to rock your world with some super interesting (yeah right) tidbits about 2012 on the ol' blog. And also she's about to stop talking in the third person because it's super creepy and seriously, who does that? Yikes.

Between January 1, 2012 and December 30, 2012 (at 10:40 pm), this blog had...
-49, 369 visits
-67,380 pageviews
-an average visit duration of 1 minute and 23 seconds. Don't feel bad, I can't handle me for more than 90 seconds sometimes, too.
-374 visits that lasted for more than 30 minutes. This is what we call "quality time." Kudos to those of you with this kind of stamina.

In terms of "Referrals" (that is, the sites that send traffic my way)...
#1: Blogger.com (7,000+ visits) I believe this includes traffic via Google Reader
#2: Amanda's blog (4,097)
#3: Kelly's Korner (3,750)
#4: Kristina's blog (2,703)
#5: E, Myself, and I (2,016)

4,118 people got here via Googling something. Here's what they Googled...
#1: (not provided) (912 visits) (not fair, how does something get categorized as that?)
#2: mattyerika (412)
#3: money tree (160) (here's why)
#4: something beautiful blog (90)
#5: mattyerika blog (76)

More interestingly, some people got here by Googling...
-cute baby giraffes (9)
-disgusting rats (5)
-pantyhose dance (3)
-beautiful dinosaurs (2)
-bridezilla redneck (2)
-armpit pains (1)
-clear liquid to clean bowels (1)
-clown baby must survive in cold without mother winter is near (1) Seriously, I could not even make that up!!!!!
-homemade sperm (1)
-juicy vaginal scan stories (1) EWWW!!! Seriously?! And then they stuck around and clicked on SIXTEEN PAGES!!!
-ok so what do we do after 50 shades of gray (1) Hahaha

...ok, gotta stop myself. There are still over 500 search terms left to peruse, but I'm calling it quits on that. Too crazy!!

Location-wise, visitors on the blog came from 126 countries, notably...
#1- United States (45,000+ visits)
#2- Canada (853)
#3- Australia (631)
#4- Germany (331)
#5- United Kingdom (298)

Most popular posts/pages, by number of pageviews...
#1- my home page (38,515)
#2- Flowers, Baskets, and Books: My Living Room (2,647) 
#3- the mobile version of my home page (1,843)
#4- my Infertility page (1,633) 
#5- I'm Sexy and I Know It (1,456) 

So there's a fun snapshot of what's been up here for the last 365 days. Good times. Thanks so much to all of you for coming over and hanging out (whether for 90 seconds or 2 hours), for showing so much love and support, and for Googling some truly crazy things to provide me with endless entertainment. 2012 wouldn't have been the same without you. Bring on the New Year!  

9 comments:

  1. Clown baby and armpit pains made me Lol. Love it. And love your blog. I am one of those ones who found you via Amanda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I have to say is that you are WELCOME for all of those referrals! Also, when are we going to see the pantyhose dance?

    Happy 2013 to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like for you to write a post that includes all of the terms people googled to get to your blog... but they have to be in context and not just randomly placed. Sounds like a great challenge to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about the "juicy vaginal scan stories"...but hey I've stuck around!!! ;-)
    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! I love Google Analytics! That clown baby search is mind boggling...what?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tend to be that person who sticks around for awhile. But I have a confession... As soon as I see you have a new post I open it and read it but sometimes I can't comment right away and so I leave your page open until I can comment. And sometimes it's not until much (like a day or two) later. So yeah, sorry to skew your stats. But I also spent a lot of time on here when I first "met" you reading all your archives. Every. Single. One.

    I'm so glad I got to know you in 2012. And here's to 2013!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That clown baby one had me laughing so hard I started crying! I kinda want to google that myself and see what comes up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Juicy vaginal scan stories" is what I generally spend all MY time googling. ;)

    This post inspired me to check out my own Google Analytics. Then I got all offended !) found me by searching "heavy housewives of Memphis." Not.Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa... can't believe people are googling "juicy vaginal scan stories!" Yeesh...

    truth time: I found you because I googled "HSG". I have to go for my first one in a couple of weeks and am/was terrified, so I was going online to check out who else has been through it. My hubby and I have been trying for a baby for two years, and it was comforting to find a blog of someone who is going through some of the same things...

    Anyway, Love your post! I just did a post about my year here:
    http://lovelifelists.blogspot.com/2012/12/525600-minutes.html

    There's something so hopeful about the beginning of a new year, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Mexican food. Seriously.