Thursday, July 3, 2014

just beachy

Sorry for the radio silence the last few days-- we've been busy prepping for and going on vacation! We finally got to the beach late yesterday afternoon and are excited for a few days of relaxation (and tasty food cooked by someone that isn't me, let's be honest). 


St. Simons Island is a totally different kind of beach than the Mexican beaches we've gone to the last two summers, but it's beautiful in its own way. We took a quick walk last night to get the lay of the land and were pleasantly surprised by how uncommercial and natural the beaches are. We even made a new friend:


Haha, sike. I hope we never see him (or his relatives) again.

We did see lots of lovely houses on the beach, though. They made me feel like I was on an episode of Revenge. Matt better watch out, I may just decide to take on a new identity and a very long bucket list of lives to ruin.



I decided I wouldn't mind living in the house above. When we got back to our resort, we did some poking around to check the real estate prices of the beachfront homes. For a cool $2 million, that house (or one like it) could be mine!! In other words, we'll probably be buying one (or a few, since it's such a bargain and all) any day now. Wanna come visit me?


The worst part of our trip so far is that I'm back to reading crappy free books on my Kindle. I finished Harry Potter Book 7 on Monday, and now my reading list is empty and sad...and I'm back to whatever I can find for free. It sucks. Oh actually, I stooped to reading HP fan fiction the other night. I can't believe I'm admitting this. It was (okay, is. I'm not done with the current 'story' or whatever...and I'll probably finish, because I AM DESPERATE.) ridiculous. But also kinda hilarious. Just the whole idea of it-- I try to imagine the thought process behind the people who write fan fic. Awwww....there are no more Harry Potter books. This sucks. I miss the characters. And I wish things ended differently. I think Hermione and Snape would have been a great couple. Oh, I KNOW!!! I'll write a couple hundred page 'book' where Hermione and Snape DO get together! Wooooo!!! I mean, for real. I don't know if that's the thought process, but the end result is that tons of people write fan fic where Hermione and SNAPE get together. Because THAT seems like a great idea. But anyway, I'm reading it, because who knows? Maybe they would be a good pair. Also, HP fan fic is on par or better than whatever crap I'm finding for free on Kindle, so...yeah.

Back to my vacation. Have a wonderful rest of the week and Fourth of July!

18 comments:

  1. Yay! Happy vacation, and dare I say babymoon?!?!?! Also, is your heart super sad over HP??? Imagine now that you spent YEARS of life being best friends with Harry... yeah, it was rough. The good news is that I've read the Sorcerer's Stone like 10 times and it's still just as fabulous, so there's that. Sadly I have no kindle worth reads for you... there is VERY little reading in my life right now. : ( Enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great picture of you and Matt!!

    I'm glad you are enjoying your vacation at the beach. I always feel so peaceful near the ocean.

    Have you ever read any of Isabel Allende's books? I like her writing style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so sad when the Harry Potter series was over. Every so often I read through the entire thing again :)

    Have you heard of Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell? It's about a girl who is very into a book series (that's similar to the HP series) and she writes fan fiction. You might check it out to see if it'd be something you'd be interested in reading! Have so much fun on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have so much fun! That beach looks AWESOME! And I'll totally come visit if you buy the beach house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks beautiful! Enjoy your vacay, girly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so nice, I'm jealous! I keep hoping J.K. Rowling will come up with another series totally random from Harry Potter, but just as awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you buy one of those beach houses we're switching our beach vacation from our current destination to your house. Just sayin'.

    Also, I'm on HP book 3 (for the fifth time? Sixth maybe?) and it's just as good as it always was. Re-read!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, what IS that thing in the second picture? And how do I make sure I never meet one?!?!? Yuck.

      Delete
  8. Enjoy your well deserved rest and relaxation! No more blogging...i demand you get your toes in the water and your a** in the sand!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yahhoooo so glad you can now say you've read Harry Potter!!! :) But yeah I agree with Amanda, it was sad to leave Harry after years of getting new adventures! I actually just picked up the 3rd one to read again :) JK Rowling wrote another book called The Casual Vacancy - I haven't given it a try but if you do let me know how it is!

    Enjoy your vacation, the sand, sun, tans, food and getting such a steal for a beach house!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad y'all are having a good time, and super cute pic of you two! Your hair looks darker, I think? I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay, vacation! I hope you're having a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hermione and Snape? Omg, that's the worst couple combo ever. So bad. And...I'm jealous of your beach adventures in SSI!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a great vacay! And yes - please get that house and then all of us blog friends can have a meet up/beach vacation every year. Thanks in advance!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you guys have a wonderful vacation and a happy 4th!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha! Fan Fiction. Someone once called Queen of Hearts fan fiction and I got all riled up and then was like, "Wait - IS it fan fiction? Wouldn't all fairy tale retellings be fan-fiction then?" It's a slippery slope. I think for your next books, you should take the dive into the Rainbow Rowell collection, Eleanor and Park (my fav!) and Fangirl. Fangirl is all about fan fiction writers for Harry Potter (It's called Simon Snow in the book, but it's totally Harry Potter).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy vacationing!!! We have so many good memories from St. Simons :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a fantastic trip! Glad to hear you're having a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Mexican food. Seriously.