Friday, September 26, 2014

oh, to be ridiculously wealthy...

Since I'm currently in the midst of a very long (12 weeks!), very unpaid (womp womp) maternity leave, it makes sense that I fill many of my sitting-around-the-house hours browsing the internet and lusting after things I can't afford. Let's be honest, I couldn't (or wouldn't) afford most of this stuff even if I were working...but it's extra fun now that I really really can't. Or...shouldn't. Whichever the case may be.

But that doesn't mean I won't make a list of overpriced things I want anyway. You just never know when you might find a spare grand or two under the couch cushion, right? Better to be prepared.

(Oh!! And it's not exactly saving me a grand, but I would be remiss not to update you on my Broken Kindle Situation! Upon the urging of many of you, I finally and reluctantly contacted Amazon support. They walked me through a few troubleshooting things which all proved unsuccessful. The customer service agent concluded that it must be a physical issue with the screen and offered to replace it- FOR FREE- with a Kindle Paperwhite (since the model I had is no longer made)!! I quickly accepted their generous offer before they could change their minds. It should arrive on my doorstep tomorrow!! High five to Amazon! And so that saved me like $119, so...that's kind of like earning $119, right? Shouldn't I spend it somewhere else now?? Exactly.)

So. Just in case I come into some substantial spending money, here are a few things I have my eyes on.

1. The 'Elizabeth' (in camel) diaper bag from Lily Jade.

source
Be still my heart, I can't even tell you how badly I want this bag. It hurts. Go ahead, click on the link. Admire the inside. The billions of pockets. Read the testimonials of cloth diapering moms who sing the praises of how there is enough space for everything. Look at how you can wear it like a backpack, a messenger bag, or on the shoulder. Contemplate how I could use it for the rest of my life, even when I don't need a diaper bag anymore, because it doesn't look like a diaper bag.

I'd never even heard of Lily Jade until a few weeks ago. A friend alerted me to the fact that on the first day of each month they give away a bag (ANY bag- even this one!!) to an adoptive mom- all you have to do is send in your 'story' and a picture and they'll enter you into the drawing! So I entered for September and didn't win, but now it's almost October and I'm crossing all of my fingers that my name gets picked. But if it doesn't, then I guess I'll just have to leave it on my List of Things to Buy When I Get Rich.

2. Cute lounge wear.

I can't be bothered to hunt down any pictures, but you know what I mean. The genre of clothing that falls somewhere between pajamas, workout clothes, and casual 'regular' clothes. The kind of thing that is comfy enough to lay around the house snuggling with the baby all day, but decent enough to wear on the daily trip to Target and/or a walk around the neighborhood. I don't own much of anything that falls in this category. I know these things wouldn't necessarily be expensive, but they would only really be super useful for the next five weeks, so...kinda not what I really need to spend my cash on. But if I were rich, I would.

3. Fall candles.
source
I know, I know. Could I be any more stereotypical? Like every single other thirty-ish female on the internet, I am really excited about fall and wish to surround myself with fall reminders at all times. The Bath & Body Works fall candles are always spectacular, but all of mine are burned down to nothing. Sad. When I'm rich, I'm going to budget for seasonal candles.

4. All of the baby moccasins.

source
I mean...seriously. Millie currently has two pair (only one currently fits, though). She wears her moccs any time she needs shoes, since they're the only shoes she owns that fit right now. AND BECAUSE THEY ARE ADORABLE. I wish she had 20 more pairs in 20 more colors. I wish we had a whole room full of baby moccs. I wish there was a place that was like the library, only it was full of tiny baby moccasins in all colors and sizes and you could go and borrow whatever you wanted, any time, for free. And when I'm president, there will be. Baby Mocc Libraries. Count on it. Vote for me.

I've digressed. No need to get all political- I just need to get rich and then I can buy them the old fashioned way: with all of my Benjamins.

5. A maid service.

source
Oh please, happy women with plentiful energy and products, please come to my house next. I sit in it all day long and notice all the things that need to be cleaned, but lack the motivation to actually do it. I can keep up with the dishes and the bottles and the laundry and the general 'picking up,' but come with your vacuums, your brooms, your mops, your tub scrubbers...I need you

Eh, well, that should be enough luxury items to work towards dream about. Today's a big day (haha, not really): I decided to document everything for a 'day in the life' post next week! That means even MORE selfies than usual! Whew. I hope I'm up for it. More like- I hope Millie's up for it. Yesterday all she was up for was being held and never put down.

Like this.
I can't say I hated it, but it did make it hard to do anything else, so it would make for quite a boring Day in the Life post. But not actually a boring day for me, if you get what I'm saying.

7 a.m.-11 p.m.: Cuddled with my baby.

Actually, that sounds kind of perfect. But we'll hope for something slightly more eventful today. Anyway, have a fabulous weekend!

21 comments:

  1. So glad Amazon took care of you. My husband had his kindle stolen and the thief downloaded $300+ in books (interestingly, a copy of the Bible and a Christian dating book were two of the things they bought). Within 15 minutes of me calling, I spoke to a REAL person and they refunded our bank account and cut off the Kindle so the thief couldn't access it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I love all those little moccasins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Amazon taking care of you. And with the baby mocs, keep an eye out on daily deal sites like Groopdealz and Jane.com. They often have them on sale for like $15!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah's got replaced for free to - go Amazon!!! :) All day of snuggling sounds pretty great - I'm glad you're taking full advantage of it! And the baby mocs...I need to find some for my niece because holy cuteness! Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazon rocks! They must have known you needed that $119 to go towards the amazing diaper bag! So smart of them!
    One of my biggest wishes...especially while I've been home from work sick, making no money...is a maid service. Oh what a life that would be.
    Millsie though, I'm positive, is not worth trading for anything you listed in your post. Give her a hug and kiss from me please! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where are Millie's mocs from? I would love to get a pair for KK. Fingers crossed you win that bag, it looks fabulous.
    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "7 a.m.-11 p.m: Cuddled with my baby" Sounds amazing!

    Yay for long maternity leave! Boo for unpaid. So lame.

    Also, Millie looks adorable in her cute little jeans! Such a fashionable baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Kindle story makes me so happy! I think you should review the paperwhite compared to your old one. I thought about upgrading, but then I read some mixed reviews. Nothing bad, just saying most preferred the old one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could have copied this whole wish list. I too didn't realize I needed a lily jade diaper bag until in saw them on a blog post last week. A hs friend of mine sews her own baby mocs out of thrift store finds but a library of them would be much better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're going to love the Kindle Paperwhite. It is especially fantastic for middle of the night feedings and snugglings where you're awake enough to need something to occupy your brain but not so awake that you're going to think about something productive. I just upped the text size to GIANT so as to focus and read without waking my boy. Amaze.
    I also find myself fantasizing possibly more about things I cannot afford. Or maybe that list is just longer now because I can't afford most things. But that's ok because my money-sucking-goblin is the best thing in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And just like that, your birthday and Christmas lists have been created!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WIN on the Kindle and quadruple x infinity WIN for beautiful cuddly babies. And all this talk of winning makes me hope you win that beautiful bag. Once you're done with it as a diaper bag just think of how many lipsticks you could fit inside!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Score on the Kindle doll! That's so awesome that they did that!!! I really hope you win for October, I did notice it's out of stock and it's on sale! If I had a million dollars I would tots ship one your way cause it's fabu!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love Love Love that bag - but love that picture of you two more! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! That is a serious diaper bag! I think I need one...and I don't even carry a diaper bag anymore. I'm also terribly tempted to see that something "accidentally" happens to my Kindle screen this weekend so that Amazon might send me a free Paperwhite... You know, I've been begging JB for years to plant one of those money trees in our backyard. Typical man, always putting things off. Guess I better get to nagging (and making my "when I'm rich list") in case it blooms by spring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love her baby moccasins! Also - if you were going to buy cute lounge wear, where would you go??? I am in major need of a few new tops and lounge-ish type pants. Please inform!

    Things I dream about but cannot afford - all things home renovation and remodel. Specifically, granite countertops in bathrooms, hard wood floors, more up to date light fixtures, updated furniture. . . . I think you get the idea . . . ha!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't wait to read the DITL post! And also love her shoes- I don't think Clara wore a single pair of shoes until she was like 9 months old, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have never heard of these bags! Wow! Fabulous! I really, really, really want one. I love my Petunia bag, but seriously...this Elizabeth thing...way better.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Minnetonka makes super cute baby moccs, as I'm sure you know, that are reasonably priced. It's probably a good thing I have boys or I would be even more broke.

    ReplyDelete
  20. When I become ridiculously wealthy I will buy you all of this stuff plus the maid service for me and Balderson 2 Year Old Cheddar every day! Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who makes plans for when I get rich!!!

    Also, I love that your DITL would have been snuggling YOUR DAUGHTER (Squee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) all day. How awesome is that!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Mexican food. Seriously.